Designed to prevent ice from forming around boats, marinas, docks, and piers as well as effectively melting existing ice by breaking the surface with a continuous current of warmer bottom water. The Power House Ice Eater's propeller draws up warmer subsurface water and deflects it to the surface creating a constant circulation of warmer water that prevents ice formation. Power House Ice Eater's may be hung from a pier or boat. Two to three feet is the average operating depth.
Unlike other de-icing units, a Power House Ice Eater requires no additional hardware in order to obtain the desired de-icing pattern. All Power House Ice Eater's are shipped complete zinc's, electrical cord, propeller and suspension lines. It can be taken out of the box, hung in place and plugged in.
Power House Ice Eater motor housings are constructed of 16 gauge 304 stainless steel and bronze end bell for corrosion free operation in fresh or salt water. The motor exceeds NEMA specifications and is UL and CSA compliant, and C.E. certified.
Every Power House Ice Eater motor and capacitor are matched for ultimate performance. The permanent split capacitor ensures quick high torque and smooth operation, while producing the highest efficiency of a single phase induction motor. The stator motor windings have double impregnation of baked insulating varnish. Two heavy duty ball bearings provide support for the rotor while being cooled with dielectric type oil. The motor shaft is 316 stainless steel, the best material for salt water application. Internal, heavy duty, hard faced mechanical seal with stainless components immersed in dielectric lubricating fluid. Additional double lip shaft seal for extra protection.
Sacrificial custom designed zinc is provided for conditions where electrolysis may be present.
Power House Ice Eater Features
Venturi shroud draws warmer water from greater depths than other conventional de-icers.
- Submersible either vertically or angled from vertical.
- Custom designed propeller for maximum thrust and performance
- Propeller screws on shaft for easy removal and replacement
- Heavy duty PVC motor brackets
- Stainless bolts and locking aircraft nuts used throughout
- Performance certified tested for proper output and leaks before shipment
- Energy efficient high quality motors in three sizes - 1/2HP, 3/4HP and 1HP(115v or 230v)*
- Two 25 foot x 3/8 hollow braided lines with shackles
- 1HP units for large boats, marinas and heavier uses. Can be used in place of several smaller units
- Comes 25', 50' or 100' cords.
- Comes complete, just open the box, remove and install
- Best three year limited warranty in the marketplace
- Optional thermostat custom design turns Ice Eater on when needed - ideal for unattended application