Cleanout / Inspection Ports for Diesel, Water & Holding Tanks
The SeaBuilt Access Plate System allows access to your diesel fuel, water and holding tanks so you can perform the important task of cleaning - giving you peace of mind. Clean tanks mean better and safer boating.
A contaminated diesel fuel tank can become a serious safety concern especially when combined with sea conditions that agitate the tank, suspending the normally settled contaminants. This contamination can foul the fuel system filtration, fuel pick-up tube or fuel line leading from the tank, leaving you and your boat dead in the water. If you have contamination problems with your diesel fuel tank or water tanks, the SeaBuilt Access Plate System is the perfect answer.
This ingenious (patented) Access Plate System is easy to install and allows for future tank cleaning while also ensuring that the structural integrity of the tank is maintained without leaks. This port access system consists of a front plate and backing ring that are bolted together with rubber gaskets and stainless hardware. The plate and ring "sandwich" the tank wall and maintain its integrity. Their easy installation and removal allow repeated access. Plates are compatible with most tank materials: Aluminum, Carbon Steel, Iron, Stainless Steel, Monel, Fiberglass, and Poly. The SeaBuilt Access Plate System is available in five sizes, in aluminum or stainless steel.
Download Installation Instructions (approx. 1mb)
Note: Not for use on gasoline tanks
- Internal, folding backing ring
- Internal and external gaskets isolate the plate from the tank surface eliminating electrolysis problems
- Installs without the use of any messy gasket compound
- Compatible with aluminum, stainless steel, Monel, steel, iron, fiberglass and poly tanks
- Positively no leaking around studs
- Plate and ring construction of 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum
- Stud fastened - 304 Stainless Steel (5/16-18 thread, 1-1/2" length)
- External and internal gaskets - no messy gasket compound needed
- Gasket material - 3/32 70-D Buna-N rubber
- Tank access hole is cut 2" smaller than the access plate size
6" (with 4" cutout)
8" (with 6" cutout)
10" (with 8" cutout)
14" (with 12" cutout)*
21" (with 18" cutout)*
* Special Order (Allow 2-3 weeks):