A new brand with history dating back to 1947
In 2008, specialized manufacturer of marine accessories ORVEA started working with MZ Electronic to create the brand Italwinch and produce the first range of anchor windlasses for boats up to 53 feet (16 meters). With market demand for products for bigger boats, the collaboration became closer and eventually led MZ Electronics to purchase ORVEA in 2011.
Italwinch is 100% made in Italy, and offers more than 30 categories of mechanical products for docking, which includes a complete range of electronic accessories and electronic or mechanical custom solutions.
A high level of quality is what sets an Italwinch anchor windlass apart from the competition:
- There are no plastic parts used in the product.
- Manufactured using 316 stainless steel or anodized aluminum, with nickel-plated chrome gypsy.
- Worm or planetary drive aluminum gearboxes are made in house. They do not use industrial gearboxes or cast iron.
- Comes with built-in chain counter sensor.
- Package includes Control Box, Circuit Breaker, Up/Down Switch and 2 Footswitches.